[OM] Re: Hate to beat a dead horse - E1 users?

Subject: [OM] Re: Hate to beat a dead horse - E1 users?
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 22:53:09 -0800
>Richard,
>

>You might take a look at the Canon forums at dpreview though. It is
>interesting to put the word "focus" or "focus problem" in the search
>engine and see what comes up. Lots of complaints about the cameras that
>is almost nonexistent on the Nikon forums or Olympus forum. There is a
>pretty strong thread there that says it is not the cameras, but the
>lenses themselves because the same camera will front focus with one
>lens and back focus with another lens.

Well, we've had this discussion before, and personally, I find a lot
of what is said on dpreview to be a lot of hooey. I have had an
occasionally autofocus problem with my D60, maybe 5% of the time with
it's measly three autofocus points, but I have never had a problem
with my 1D....that thing autofocusses so fast and accurately that it
blows all other cameras I have used into the weeds, including the E-1.

-Stephen.
--

2001 CBR600F4i - Fantastic!