[OM] Re: It's been lonesome up here in the saddle since my horse died.

Subject: [OM] Re: It's been lonesome up here in the saddle since my horse died.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 23:57:15 -0800
gordross@xxxxxxx wrote:

> as I stated in my reply to Tom- There is nothing to link the OM to the E1
>other than name. To expect loyalty or conjunctivity is really climbing up a
>rope, I don't think it has anything to do with Oly stopping the OM, it is
>two totally different technologies and there is no bridge.
>
>Gord

For me and several others, it isn't the fact that the systems are
unrelated, but Oly's coy off again, on again dance about an OM to 4/3
adapter. The fact that adapers are now available from another supplier
doesn't reduce the irritaion with Oly. They have been playing OM users
for fools (and themselves, the way they have chased their tails on the
issue). All that noise about poorer performance from OM than new digital
designed lenses will probably be true with the E-x with a 10 or 12mp
sensor. If it's true with the E-1, there is something wrong with the
camera*.  OM lenses can give beautiful images with Can*n sensors, so why
not the E-1?

Moose

*Well, there IS something wrong, but it is intentional. Like all DSLRs,
it has an anti-aliasing filter, which reduces the resolution of the lens
to avoid sampling artifacts. So all that super resolution of the new
lenses is wasted until a later generation of the camera.