[OM] Re: OT Dead Pets And Gelatin

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Dead Pets And Gelatin
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 18:51:18 +0000
Rich,

Actually, one leg is shorter than the other, not because of walking 'round the
mountains, but as a result of the second helicopter crash I managed to survive
in 'Nam in 1966.  Back then, I was a real photographer, an honest to God
photojournalist, which is what they taught me to be at the University of
Tennessee School of Journalism, and off shooting film for NBC.  And, probably
because I was young and stupid, I actually was enjoying what at the time seemed
to be a great adventure.  I hitched one chopper ride too many, though.

For some reason, after I got back to the states, healed up and haired over, I
lost interest.  I worked for the news department of an Atlanta station for a
couple of years, but local news was just too tame and I was totally bored.  At
the same time, I didn't want any more big adventures.  So, I changed careers
and earned my bread in a safer and saner way as a pencil-pusher, and
photography has been only a hobby ever since.

Sometimes, when I'm channel surfing late at night and come across the Hitler
channel (a.k.a. History Channel) and they're doing something on the Vietnam
mess, I'll see some stuff that I'm sure I shot.  Or maybe not.  I wasn't the
only one over there.

Walt, a bit gimpy, but still alive and still a hillbilly.  :-)