[OM] Re: Scan sizes, was Unbelievable Conversion on OM 2S

Subject: [OM] Re: Scan sizes, was Unbelievable Conversion on OM 2S
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 14:12:56 -0800
You also have an advantage if you use Photoshop. Adobe changed the way
PS handled jpeg in one of the more recent versions. The way I
understand it is if you open a jpeg image and make changes PS preserves
the original parts of the file that were not changed and jpeg only
operates on the pixels that were changed. So deterioration of the image
by the lossy compression process is minimized.

I have not used the JPEG2000 that is included in PS now. When I tried
it before with one of those freeware converters it was achingly slow.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA