[OM] Re: Oly Pen F Question

Subject: [OM] Re: Oly Pen F Question
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 18:12:47 -0800
on 4/2/04 12:47 PM, Geilfuss Charles at Charles.Geilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

> Greetings All,
> Can the Olympus Pen F, FT camera bodies for microscopy be used with
> the Pen lenses?
>
> Charlie G.

Yes, in that they have a normal Pen F/FT lens mount (you have to remove the
microscopy adapter, which removes just like a lens does). However, the
viewfinder screen is different, and there is a round mask in the finder, so
while normal Pen lenses will mount, they are not very usable.

I think it would be a possible, but rather extensive, task to swap in the
finder assembly from a normal Pen F/FT and then have a normal Pen F/FT. If I
recall correctly the Pen FT microscope body doesn't have the self-timer
mechanism either...

I have a black Pen FT body, waiting on my getting around to further
exploring the possibilities. I suppose the easier way to do this would be to
get a black selftimer lever and swap the black covers onto a regular Pen FT
body.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...