[OM] Re: The Perfect Tripod?

Subject: [OM] Re: The Perfect Tripod?
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 21:37:20 -0800 (PST)
> Anyway, from the pictures you posted, the "composite" material
> you
> scrounged up looks like a Linen Phenolic or from the McMaster
> catalog
> "Garolite".  For your application it is (other than cost) much
> better
> than Aluminum.  You might even be able to whittle up a piece
> with a
> knife to make a slip on shoulder pad for the Shoulder Stock
> option.  I'm
> am going to look into that for my tripod now that I mention
> it.

The composite material is extremely hard--much harder than
aluminum.  I doubt that I can even scratch it with a knife.  Dad
built a lot of prototype things for the aerospace industry at
the time and had some scraps that were called into service for
this project.

Thanks for the feedback on the website.  I've got a couple rogue
graphics choking things up, but I'm trying to keep things clean
enough to not be frustrating.  Stay tuned, there is much more
material coming.  Lots of OM stuff too.

AG-Schnozz