[OM] Re: Why E1 over others?

Subject: [OM] Re: Why E1 over others?
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 10:08:02 -0500
And from Dante Stella's site:
<http://www.dantestella.com/technical/message.html>

"Olympus Company, leading camera manufacturer of the nation, has alone turned
out more than 2 million Pen cameras already. Moreover, it would not be too much
to say that its depicting power which easily allows enlargement to quarter size
and its inexpensive film cost have fascinated all camera fans. And the advent
of the half size was quite timely. The day is approaching, yes, close at hand
when 18x24mm will become the standard size for negative film."

­ Olympus Pen F promotional literature, 1964

We should all be relieved that the Olympus Pen cameras can make sharp 4.5x6mm
prints! This prediction would have come true had APS film caught on.