[OM] Re: Falling prices, rising temps

Subject: [OM] Re: Falling prices, rising temps
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 14:39:15 -0800 (PST)
> I just know that winters in the South are a
> hell of a lot milder now than they were when I was a kid.  I
> haven't set foot on frozen ground down here in 30 years.

Don't get out much, do you?  Seriously, though, thirty years ago
we were suffering from some pretty mean winters. This wasn't the
norm then, either.  For about 15 years the winters were
abnormally harsh in the US.

> I did, however, notice earlier this week that it was nearing
> 80F in Montana while we didn't get out of the 50's in Atlanta.

What it means is that a high pressure was parked over the front
range and combined with the "chinook" winds to produce pretty
warm temperatures.  The chinooks tend to wither out somewhere
around Omaha, but will extend as far east as I-35 on occasion.

AG