[OM] More details on 2004/5 E-System lenses

Subject: [OM] More details on 2004/5 E-System lenses
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 13:52:14 -0500
There was a post on dpreview.com today at
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1022&message=8268927 where
some guy saw a Japanese brochure with the 2004/5 lens lineup in more detail
than what's been previously available.  Until we see it translated, there is
still come controversy about the meaning of the lens numbers.  The group
but the mention of the 11-22 is confusing.  No f/stops are on the image of the
brochure, and it's a jpg, so we can't run it though a translator.  My comments
are in parentheses.

2004:
  30-90  (assume consumer lens for new, lower end body)
  70-210 (assume consumer lens for new, lower end body)
  11-22  (possible restatement of existing lens introduced in January, but
there is some idea that this is the wide-angle zoom noted on the lens timeline
and is stated in 35mm equivilance.  An 11mm lens!....now THAT's wide!)

2005
  28   (fast wide angle?)
  50   (fast prime?)
  85-90  (fast macro)