[OM] Re: Another page from the journal

Subject: [OM] Re: Another page from the journal
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 15:08:30 -0700
jnmcbr@xxxxxxx wrote:

>Hmmmmm looks like a lot of energy pent up in those cute little girls.  /jmac

Sure enough. They run on high for an amazing time, then crash.

wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Great series Moose, I presume you are the middle member of the "Gruesome
> Threesome" ?
>
> ...Wayne

No! I'm the one on the right. Ha, ha, ha, ho, ho, ho. Well, I might be
the bearded one, but look at what a young foot I have. :-)        And
look who has the cheeriest smile! What, me worry?

chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>  Well, cute girls and happy family!
>
>C.H.Ling

Thanks, it's true! There is another girl now buzzing around the younger
son. we'll see what comes of that. :-)

>ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>I like the threesome Moose!  Does the beard make you feel younger or
>older than you are?
>
>Chris

Well, I certainly don't feel the way many people seem to think one feels
at my age. None of the infirmities of age that so many seem to suffer
from. I just turned 60, and I have to say I've been sort of looking
forward to it for a while now. Despite deaths and other apparent
disasters, I can see looking back that each decade has been better
overall than the last, so I've been looking forward to another one and
whatever it will bring. I'm sure it will be the best yet.

I was always a 'baby face' looking younger than my age. I didn't have a
hope of growing a real beard back when I was a young man. When I took my
younger son off for a week to a lake with a friend a few months after my
2nd. wife/his mother died, I was surprised and pleased that a week
without a shave showed real promise. I haven't seen my chin since. I was
sort of surprised to see in an old snapshot how brown it was when it
first grew in. It's only 15 years old, and gray already! Nowadays with
the beard, I'd say I look my age, even if I don't act it, although a
surprising number of people seem to think I'm closer to 50.

Moose