[OM] Re: Next... was: Re: Why E1 over others?

Subject: [OM] Re: Next... was: Re: Why E1 over others?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 20:58:04 -0700
Funny, I don't feel sad - quite the reverse, in fact.

Moose

wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>I think Mark Twain summed up with, "There is nothing sadder than a
>pessimistic young person, except an optimistic old one.  :-)

PS: My oldest friend is a serious Mark Twain scholar and author. Sam was
not a particularly 'up' person for much of his life. It also seems that
there are rather unappealing aspects of his life and behavior that will
become public fairly soon (whatever that means in the academic/scholarly
world). One thing I know wihout needing anyone to tell me is that those
who envy the enjoyment of life they see in others and cannot seem to
achieve in themselves have a tendency to give the external aspects of
that enjoyment negative 'press'. Or, in Jungian terms, sounds like Sam
was projecting his own negaive views onto others, then bashing them for
not seeing it the way he did.