[OM] Re: OM-2N battery question

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-2N battery question
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 07:14:23 -0400
It certainly sounds like you have a short circuit somewhere.  There are
many places near the top where there could be a short but they be hard
to get to.  However, pulling the bottom cover off is very easy and will
at least allow you to explore the battery box and much of the main lead
running from the battery box to the power switch.

If turning the switch off doesn't stop the drain then the short is
presumbably between the battery box and the switch.  Simply removing the
bottom cover won't allow you to see everything but you might get lucky
and spot the problem right away.  I wouldn't be at all surprised to find
(for example) that battery corrosion has eaten away the wire to the
switch and what's left of that wire is in contact with the body.

Chuck Norcutt