[OM] Re: Why Film instead of Digital

Subject: [OM] Re: Why Film instead of Digital
From: "Wilcox, Joel F" <joel-wilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 10:49:33 -0500
For Ken (or anyone digitizing BW):

Is the proper way to digitize BW to scan the film?  or is it better to
make wet prints of the negative that realize a "performance" of sorts
(Adam's lingo) and then scan that on a good flatbed?

I'm not trying to load the second method so as to make that the obvious
choice.  I'm sure the second method is viable (and I know people selling
BW digital prints for good money doing that).  What I'd like to know is
if anyone is happily making successful digital BW prints from film scans
and not thinking "This is OK for web work, but I wonder if it wouldn't
be nicer as a wet print ..."

Joel W.