[OM] Re: Why Film instead of Digital

Subject: [OM] Re: Why Film instead of Digital
From: James Royall <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 17:06:33 +0100
I'm sure the way to get most detail into the digital file is to scan
the neg at high resolution. There will be a degree of information loss
going from neg to print to scan. I think people often scan from prints
when they have large size negatives, for which a film scanner would be
prohibitively expensive. Anything achievable from a wet print should be
achievable digitally, except for certain textures / glows / tonings
from papers, etc, but then these won't be replicated from scanning a
print either.

James