[OM] Re: Why Film instead of Digital

Subject: [OM] Re: Why Film instead of Digital
From: "John Gettis" <jgettis81@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 19:00:03 -0700
Was not paying attention at the beginning of this thread but for me right
now the reason for film vs digital is the high cost to get into digital.  I
have a wide range of lenses for my Olympus from 24-300 plus a 2x converter.
for me to get the same range with a digital camera is not in the budget
right now.  I do have a Kodak 6490 and it does much of what I want but my
family has discovered it and I have to pry it out of their hands to use it
so I have started using my Om-4 again and in fact just picked up a Tokina
80-200 2.8 to fill a hole in my lenses coverage.  And thanks to a member of
the list (thanks again Moose) I have managed to get my canon film scanner
working with XP.  In fact it now scans B&W negs where as before it wouldn't
must be that European english version of Cano-scan vs the US version.  Any
way until I win the Lotto or some rich distant unknown relative kicks the
bucket I am staying with film,

John Gettis