[OM] FS Cleanout list

Subject: [OM] FS Cleanout list
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 12:11:19 +1000
WayneH and I are having a clean-out - some nice stuff, some bargain
grade, all working. Just about to photograph them for eb*y listing so
first offer here. They start going on tommorrow sometime.

And the pick of the bunch is -

Zuiko 400mm f6.3 MC #1018** Very nice indeed with tripod ring and
hard case. The case is a bit worn and missing the little ID tag.
There is wear on the aperture ring. None elsewhere. I've shot with
this and it's good. Can't afford to buy it of Wayne! I reckon she's
worth US$650 but feel free to disagree within reason. Cartage to
US/Europe would prolly add $50.

Then there's a Kiron 28mm f2 which just isn't wide enough for me any
more and is as sharp as its reputation, with caps and a skinny hood.
Really clean. $100 +pp.

And a nice old Tamron 24/2.5 Adaptall with the Adaptall-2 OL adaptor
(the good one for OM3/4). Solid lens, heavy metal, clean.  $100 +pp

And a nice, smooth 35-70mm f3.6 with proper hood and caps. $225

Two 35-70 f4's with hoods. $130 and $110.

Vivitar Series 1 24-48mm f3.8 (old original type). Big and slow and
really beautiful multicoated lump of glass - slight 'play' in front
element set but doesn't bother image - it may be a 'natural' feature.
All you may need down the short end! Good reputation - 22 serial #
indicates Kiron manufacture. With Hoya UV filter - $75

A complete OM 2 flash outfit in lovely condition - BG1, QuickFlash
310, Remote Sensor, TTL Cord, PC Cord - got to be worth $250 on a
good day - argue about that if you're having a bad day.

Varimagnifinder - with case but so nitwit engraved a number on the
chrome 'nose' - otherwise fine. (I picked up a NIB one the other day
so this is my old one). $75?

OM-4 A well brassed user - classic 'bag finish.' One for a knockabout
backup? Well rubbed but no dents or damage and working just fine.
Looks really professional. With 50/1.8 MIJ version 3 million serial.
How does $375 sound?

OM40 - Rubberwork well marked but otherwise not too bad. Working well
methinks.50/1.8 'MC' version. Make an offer?

A 2XA and an XA-2! :)
The 2XA Teleconverter with caps - $150
The XA-2 with A11 flash - make an offer?

Tamron-F SP 2X Teleconverter - 7 Element MC - best you can get after
the 2XA. $60

Oly C-180 1.7x Tele lens converter for the later IS series in bag -
52mm filter ring mount (vignettes on short OM lenses so don't ask!)
but then I tried it on a Sigma 80-200mm I'm selling, which does have
a 52mm  filter and it only vignetted below 135mm - that would give
you a 340mm f5.6 at the long end - not too bad at all. Buy the pair
for, I dunno, $80 +pp?

Cheap bits - coupla TTL Auto Connector 3's (the ones that allow T
flashes to be used on an OM 2), A Shoe 2, OM2 TTL cable, a couple of
Winder 2's with front damage (ugly but working fine), old 135mm 3.5
silvernose. Offers?

All with return privileges if there's any problem. However, the
objections of spouses and other SOs will not be acceptable. :)

AndrewF
--
http://www.pbase.com/afildes