[OM] Re: ( OM ) Digest indigestible !!

Subject: [OM] Re: ( OM ) Digest indigestible !!
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 12:52:13 +0100
Cc: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Apologies for that. Once the digester got started, we had no way of telling
 it "please chop it up and send in small pieces".

We could have put all digest-subscribers in vacation mode for 24h, so that
 the digest would be reset (i.e. noone to send to -> old mails dropped), but
 there's no really easy way of doing that -- and some digest-subscribers
 would probably be unhappy missing out on our chatter.....so there ;(

I hope that you'll see this digest as a test for your mail program's ability
 to handle big mails -- and (if rou're on a dial-up) as your way of
 supporting a telecom industry in crisis ;)

Anyways, I apologize for the inconveniences this whole thing has caused
 everyone. I hope things will be back to normal again.

--mother

"Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
was written successfully

 mailto:olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx?subject="Olympus List Problem"