[OM] Re: Tamron SP 17mm f3.5

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron SP 17mm f3.5
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 11:56:19 +0100
Excellent 'result' Roger - I paid more than that for the hood and polariser
alone.  It's a good lesson in searching out spelling errors.  Did I tell you
about my $100 24/3.5 ZiUko Shift?  (I am still diligently keeping an eye out
for it!)

Yes, several have said that using a polariser on a super wide is not ideal,
because it only polarises a band of the sky, and the coverage of a super
wide extends beyond the band, and you can see the difference.  The theory
sounds valid to me - BUT I have never seen the effect on my 17/2.5 *perhaps*
because it is a circular polariser with which the polarising effect is less
marked.

Piers