[OM] Re: Digital exposure and workflow

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital exposure and workflow
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 14:06:27 -0700 (PDT)
The author was all over the place in that article.  Nice intro,
but zero depth.

However, he did sneak in a nugget at the end which was kind of
the basis of his opinion for shooting JPEG.  Photoshop
Avoidance.  If you shoot the scene properly, you don't need to
waste your time post-producing the photograph.

Another aspect is that he shoots a Fuji S2. This camera has a
reputation of outputting extremely high-quality JPEG files and
has a higher "exposure latitude" than comparative cameras.
Every wedding photographer I know shooting the S2 is doing so in
JPEG mode--and most of them using the 6MP setting.

Time is money--that's a big fact of life for the professional
photographer.  It churns me that I've got to use RAW mode in the
M*nolta A1 for the high-quality stuff.  But, I'm learning that I
can get much better and more consistant results when I do.

As far as where to point an incident meter?  At the camera, of
course.

AG-Schnozz