[OM] Re: Butchering a Zuiko...

Subject: [OM] Re: Butchering a Zuiko...
From: "PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service" <olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 17:11:43 -0500
Checking the parts pages for both the 2.8 and 3.5, I _think_ there is a way
to distinguish between the older Type 1 (non-plastic insert) 135's and the
Type 2 and 3 (with plastic insert).  You will need to turn the lens out to
it's nearest focus stop and check inside the black shroud around the rear
lens element.  The Type 1 parts page shows that this shroud is solid, while
the Type 2 and 3 show a horizontal slot about halfway down, inside of the
lens lock button.  My Type 2 135 has the slot, perhaps the owners of some
silver-nose 135's could check for the slot as well.