[OM] Re: Digital or no Digital? was Group membership and contributions

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital or no Digital? was Group membership and contributions
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 10:52:11 -0700
Hi everyone,

Clearly I overstepped the bounds of propriety here, suggesting a
separate Oly digital list. Sorry! Didn't mean to start a brouhaha. Last
week I was just slammed, felt a bit overwhelmed with keeping up with
everything, 100+ OM list messages/day just being one aspect. Reading
everyone's responses, I have to say I agree. I enjoy the community, the
photos, the odd link to digital info, etc. I do agree more rigorous
changing of the subject header when the subject changes would help me
decide which of the threads I want to follow.

I'm not _completely_ a manual focus film-only curmudgeon (only
partially :-))--I use a Coolpix 995 quite a bit in my work, documenting
work in progress on construction sites--great to be able to e-mail
illustrated questions to the structural engineer, for example. And if
Olympus (or Leica, or Cosina) made a 24x36mm sensor camera that would
retain the focal lengths of the lens I have, at a reasonable price
(like <$1500 for the body), I'd be all over it. M7 Digital isn't due
out 'till 2006...and it'll be out of my price league I'm sure...
Meanwhile, I get most of my film scanned to CD at processing, and most
people see my photos on the web these days--especially far-flung
family. And I quite enjoy fiddling with Photoshop. Until they started
shipping their jobs to India I had a friend at Adobe here in Seattle,
so I've always been partial. (He was let go after 15+ years a couple
months ago.) But that's another subject....;-)

Cheers,
Rob Harrison
Seattle