[OM] Re: OT A2, was OM-E-System Adapter status in the U.S.

Subject: [OM] Re: OT A2, was OM-E-System Adapter status in the U.S.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 18:17:14 -0700
agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

>I would've, could've, should've bought the A2 instead of the A1,
>but couldn't bring myself to spending the extra $450.

Less difference now makes it easier to contemplate. More like $200-250 now.

>The A1's ISO 100 speed is actually 160.
>The A2's ISO 64 speed is actually something like 100.

That's roughly the same ratio, 100/64 = 156. I know that ratio holds for
the usable higher speeds on the A1. Do you know if it holds true for
higher speeds on the A2?

>I've been doing some Noise-Reduction testing.  30 Second
>exposures.  It works pretty well.  Post processing with a filter
>that looks for hot pixels cleans it up almost completely.

I ran Fred Miranda's grain reduction on the A2 samples on Steve's
Digicams. It helped, but wasn't fully satisfactory. I suppose I need
something specifically aimed at digital noise.

Moose