[OM] Re: honest vendors and feedback

Subject: [OM] Re: honest vendors and feedback
From: "Ian Manners" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 23:48:47 +1000 (EST)
Hi David

>The odds on eBay to find this kind of behaviour are too high for my taste.

I think I'm lucky, only had one instance so far but then I'm a light bayer

>I ask this,
>When you finish bidding don't you always think " man I hope this guy is not
>a fraud" as you write your check?

Only occasionally, depends on the persons feedback, the equipment,
and the price, and if I really want it that bad :-). If its a steel then I
figure if
something is wrong with it then its still worth it to fix it but when a seller
has the wrong attitude, or downright lies ....

Now if what I arrived was out of the ballpark re the descriptions, then I'd
call it fraud. It is all shades of grey, and needs to be weighed up against
the article in question, and the price paid as I mentioned above.

This is what feedback is suppost to be about, not using it to blackmail
others.

If Brian is happy with the OM2000, including the timer problem, adding in
the price to repair the timer, even though this was omitted in the description
by the seller, then he should indicate to others that this seller isnt up front
about the descriptions. Brian could of cause decide that the seller has
committed fraud and go further but I get the impression that Brian is still
happy to keep the camera, as the timer fix expense plus the price paid
for the camera is still a good overall price for a working OM2000.

As Brian pointed out "He was not interested in any remedies from his end.
Otherwise, a very pleasant person to deal with. But not honest."

This to me rates as negative feedback.

Cheers
Ian Manners
http://www.comkal.net/photo/