[OM] Re: honest vendors and feedback

Subject: [OM] Re: honest vendors and feedback
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 20:38:00 -0700
Hey George--I agree--the stakes were higher in my case. I ended up with
about $600 into a lens that's worth about $375 absolute max...which
wouldn't matter if I was going to keep the lens. Unfortunately after
learning the camera more I figured out the 50/2 collapsible Summicron
I'd bought to compare with the Elmar was a better shooter... Overall,
you're right-- you do win some, lose some. That Elmar deal really
offended my sense of honor though. I've negotiated a couple small
refunds where the item was not as described. If someone agrees to the
amount, I usually then offer to split the difference, so the seller
doesn't feel abused. Everyone I'd dealt with before Bloom was very
upright and great to deal with.

Rob