[OM] Re: sticky shutter

Subject: [OM] Re: sticky shutter
From: carlos martinez <pottyman@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 03:07:31 -0600
How much do you love your OM-10?
I love it alot, it was my first OM and I will never part with it.
Sounds like the shutter needs to be
cleaned, relubed and retensioned which means the camera needs a CLA.
Camtech charges $99 for an OM-10.  It it worth it to you?
Oh maybe Love is too strong a word. especially since cametta camera has
OM 10s with a 50mm 1.8 for $69

PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service wrote:

> Ah, OK, so it's not a sync problem.  That's not a good sign, as others have
> noted.
> It likely needs a complete shutter overhaul/repair.
>
> --I think I'd
> by a single digit OM and then send that for a CLA.

I assume you would agree with this, I think I have decided to give up on the 10
and
get a OM 2 but which one 2, 2s, or 2n What do you guys think and why.
Also if I buy from cametta or similar, do these generally need a cla or not?
what kind of experiences has anyone had?
Thanx
Carlos