[OM] Re: OT Rant: No more $$ to Europe!

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Rant: No more $$ to Europe!
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 17:40:24 +0000
I understand.  Our bedroom TV is an ugly, sharp-cornered, square-box, no remote
control, 27-inch, 1983 Sharp.  It WILL NOT die.  It still has a great picture,
and we can, of course, flip channels and control the volume through the cable
box.  Considering its long and faithful service, we both feel a bit guilty
about hoping it will finally blow up or something.  But after a visit to H.H.
Gregg this past Saturday, well, we could move the relatively new Zenith from
the great room back to the bedroom, and then we could get one of those
50-something-inch HDTV things and --

Oh, what the hell.  I'm going to pour the rest of this beer in the back of the
old Sharp, turn it on and toast its send-off.

Walt

> My problem is that I've got a Pioneer amp (Made in Japan) and
> Bose speakers (Made in USA) that just won't die.  I've been
> wanting to upgrade to a high-end amp and speakers for years, but
> my wife won't let me until the existing system turns to smoke.
> Speakers?  Well, hack if you must, but I like the high-end Bose
> stuff.

--SNIP--