[OM] Re: OT Rant: No more $$ to Europe!

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Rant: No more $$ to Europe!
From: Stylianos Georgakis <stelge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 23:51:51 +0300
In a message dated 4/12/04 11:22:28 AM Central Daylight Time,
hiwayman@xxxxxxx writes:

> It will be a cold day in hell before I buy another piece of audio gear

> made
> anywhere in Europe.  About 18 months ago, I replaced a failing
Meridian (
> British) D/A converter and ailing Meridian (British again) CD
transport
with
> a do-everything Philips (Dutch) 1000 SACD/DVD player.  This thing
originally
*       sold for $2000.

In my opinion European audio manufacturers provide products of
comparable quality with the US industry. In terms of purity European
high-end systems sound better than contemporary US machines. So I think
it was a problem with your vendor that drove you to this decision rather
than the audio gear failure. My system which consists of a British
amplifier, Italian speakers and a French CD player sounds fantastic when
compared with
US gear of the same price range.

This system is:
Amplifier     Alchemist Nemesis
Speakers      Chario Syntar 300T
CD player     Micromega Stage3

I'm looking forward to hear your opinions.
Be happy and safe

Stylianos Georgakis