[OM] Re: OT Rant: No more $$ to Europe!

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Rant: No more $$ to Europe!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 22:11:35 -0700
Not alien to all of them. My several years out of warranty Adcom CD deck
started making a subtle skip or glitch at odd intervals. I opened it up
and found that a nylon gear in the mechanism that moves the laser had a
couple of broken teeth. A call to Adcom revealed that they only sold the
whole assembly, not the individual parts, but the support woman went and
talked to a repair person who found a spare gear. They sent it to me for
free and the player works fine again. Since there are no longer
teenagers prone to just push the fron of the CD drawer to close it
instead of the little button, I expect the new gear to last much longer.
Another US company sent me free parts for a watering nozzle that started
to leak way out of warranty. A lot of customer support people,
approached pleasantly are eager and able to help.

Moose