[OM] Re: OT Rant: No more $$ to Europe!

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Rant: No more $$ to Europe!
From: <julian_davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:41:54 +0100 (BST)
Interesting. Did you ask Meridian to fix the gear?
They have always provided me with exemplary service,
although none of my gear has actually yet broken. I
have had upgrades turned around within a day and
software updates while sitting in their reception.
The Quad element of my systems just goes on and on.
and they have a fabulous reputation for service, which
I can confirm both first and second hand.

Julian

PS
I believe that your Philips "replacement" is currently
closer to Holland than it has ever been before!

Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxx> wrote:

It will be a cold day in hell before I buy another
piece of audio gear made anywhere in Europe. About 18
months ago, I replaced a failing Meridian (British)
D/A converter and ailing Meridian (British again) CD
transport with a do-everything Philips (Dutch) 1000
SACD/DVD player. This thing originally sold for $2000.
I hope no one bought one at that price. I paid $999 at
model-change time. The POS gradually died. First, it
wouldn't do this, then it wouldn't do that, and soon
it wouldn't do a ****ing thing. In my opinion, a slow
and lingering death is just what it deserved.