[OM] Re: OT Rant: No more $$ to Europe!

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Rant: No more $$ to Europe!
From: James Royall <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 01:08:09 +0100
This has just reminded me of a question that's been bugging me since
school physics class. If we run alternating current on the power
supply, with the current reversing 50 or 60 times a second, why bother
labelling live and neutral and having to remember which way round to
stick the wires in the plug. You get it wrong and 1/50th of a second
later you got it right. What's the difference between live and neutral?

James