[OM] Re: OT Rant: No more $$ to Europe!

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Rant: No more $$ to Europe!
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:10:35 +0200

Are sure that it was not an LCD display, just like an OM-2S for instance?

LCD segments are not guaranteed for more than about five years or so,
although they usually last much longer. I also had a receiver with an early
LCD display that gradually disappeared. I have also heard that some of the
displays needed an on-board battery that eventually died.

Roger Key

Walt wrote:

Honestly, I did not contact Meridian.  Both units were getting long in the
tooth, at least for digital gear -- 7 or 8 years old -- and would've been
retired soon anyway.  I was just a tad put off by the fact that the LED
display on the transport began to gradually disappear, one segment at a
time, so finally there was no clue as to cut, time, etc.  I found this more
than slightly annoying.  At one point, with the missing segments, they
almost spelled a dirty word.  (Like a potty-mouth like me would care!)
Also, for no apparent reason, it decided it didn't want to play CD's that
it had played previously without complaint.  When it refused to play a
certain Grateful Dead CD, it went into retirement.  I've still got it.  You
want it?