[OM] Re: OM-3Ti - The Holy Grail of OMs

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-3Ti - The Holy Grail of OMs
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 18:45:59 -0700
agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Seeing that $2,700 OM-3Ti listed up on Oboy sure got me
>drooling.  I'd consider paying half that much for a NIB and
>consider it the very last film camera I'd ever buy for the rest
>of my life.
>
>That is the prettiest SLR in the world.

Yup, the finish is unique and beautiful. And that's why you shouldn't
have one. You would just use it and mess up the finish! :-)

>Just think.  Compared to digital flash-in-the-pans that are
>out-of-date in mere months, as long as film is being
>manufactured, it'll never get any more out-of-date than it
>already is....

Same is true of an OM-1(n) or 2(n).

>To all of you equipment junkies with multiple 3Ti bodies in your
>kit--I'm jealous.  I'd just settle for a second fully
>functioning OM body.

You definitely need a mechanical back-up body, a nice OM-1 with a little
external wear and a recent CLA. I might be able to help...........

Moose