[OM] Re: Scanner truth or consequences

Subject: [OM] Re: Scanner truth or consequences
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 01:08:44 +0100 (BST)
Walt, I am REALLY envious!  I looked at that paticular scanner....but could not
afford it at UK prices  :-(>
   Instead I have ordered a Minolta Dimage DualScan IV.
To give you an idea of price difference...cheapest UK price identical to B+H
price.. ONLY in UK pounds NOT dollars  :-(>
Minolta scanners in general have a very good reputation...I intend using mine
for B+W using an Epson 1160 printer (which has been in the box for a LONG time)
  Hope the combination can be pushed up to 12x16. Although most of the prints
will be no larger than 10x8.

I am hoping this will give me the best of both worlds. Very high quality images
taken with Olympus Cameras and lenses along with the convenience of digital
prints.....This is the theory anyway  :-)>
      Regards, John Duggan.

Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I sincerely hope that those of you, whether RAF pilots or otherwise, who own
and have praised to high heavens the Minolta DIMAGE 5400 scanner haven't been
blowing smoke up the patooties of those of us who don't have one. If you have
been, I will come and get you, no matter how long it takes!

BIG SNIP

Regards
  John Duggan,
     Wales, UK