[OM] Re: OT: Digi, Large 22M CCD's

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Digi, Large 22M CCD's
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 10:52:38 -0400
I notice the active area is 9µm x 9µm. This seems to be a very common sensor
area. The E-1 I think is around 8µm x 8µm. Makes me wonder if fixing the sensor
at the E-1 size will make it difficult to scale up and keep performance in
future
generations of E-system cameras.

On datasheet I notice the sensitivity to dynamic range versus temperature.
Interesting that higher clock rates (faster picture taking) gives better
performance at higher temperatures (more noise), but best possible
dynamic range is at lower temperatures with lower clock rates (13 bits),
and that is at 35C. The dark current goes even lower at lower temperatures.

So, in the spirit of open source design, should we retrofit this into on OM
body?

Wayne