[OM] Re: Stylus cameras and "exposure compensation"

Subject: [OM] Re: Stylus cameras and "exposure compensation"
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 12:12:33 EDT
Joel,
I really can't personally address the question as to how precise the
'exposure compensation' method is for slide film, but my own belief is that
such a
camera is meant to excel with negative film, after all,  what is the majority
of
P&S owners shooting? Yes, print film. As good as the Stylus is, it's still a
$79 P&S, isn't it? You want precision, use an OM and control everything.  I,
and my wife both use a Stylus, and the images are among the best you can
possibly expect from any camera, but that is from print film. I know a big
reason is
due to exposure latitude of print film, but I've also heard from several users
of the Stylus who say they get very well exposed slides from it. You know
enough about cameras and film to know what you have to do to test it, so go
ahead
and shoot!

George S.