[OM] Re: [OT] A2 quick comments and pics

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] A2 quick comments and pics
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 07:11:09 -0700 (PDT)
> Overall comments - it's "my wife's camera,"

My wife ain't so lucky.

> The color is fairly nice and accurate. I don't
> see much of the "plastic" look on skin that I detest from some
> of the digital cameras

Point of comparision, my A1 has simply the most accurate colors
I could expect to see from digital. Skin tones are excellent
(but I've got my own custom color settings to adapt them to the
subject too.

> Minuses: slow shutter lag.

Sounds a little longer than mine.  It definitely is slower than
an OM, but still respectable.  I'm seeing that the IS-3 has
about the same responsiveness.

> Image write time also takes, I don't
> know, may be a second or so. Just long enough to be
> noticeable. I didn't try any of the quick burst mode.

The A2 is definitely slower than the A1. I'm never waiting for
the camera.

> I bought the WA card even though I am 99%
> certain that it doesn't do anything more on the A2.

Nope.  WA isn't supported in the Minoltas.

> The grip is a bit weird shaped for my small hand.

With or without the battery back?  I like the grip shape.
Although it is too wide when using the vertical grip.

> Haven't shot enough to comment on image quality or noise or
> white balance etc.

I'm well over 3500 on my A1.  Auto-white balance is marginally
successful.  I usually force the settings and/or shoot RAW.

> Overall it is a good camera. For the time being, I will
> still be using
> my OM and Leica, my trusty Jobo processor and Nikon 4000
> scanner to have a
> semi-digital workflow.

Good camera, what suprises me is how much I use the rear display
for taking pictures.  I use the EVF maybe 25% of the time.  The
handling of the camera is really professional.

I like the A1 over the A2 because of the chrome trim on the
lens.  <smile>

AG-Schnozz