[OM] Wet B&W Question

Subject: [OM] Wet B&W Question
From: Ross Orr <voxbongo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 15:12:21 -0400
All Long Time Ago, before the digest blew up, AG made this intriguing comment:

>What is neat, though, is learning new
>techniques on the computer and transferring those skills to the
>darkroom.  I'm now using split-grade printing and/or
>paper-flashing for nearly everything now for enhanced S-Curve
>adjustment.  It just took learning and testing in the computer
>to see what happens.

. . . and I always meant to follow upon it.

I have been getting back into the darkroom after a *loong* lapse, and
feel like I'm struggling to get controlled, repeatable results. But I
have a pretty good grasp of what happens to an image when you
manipulate Photoshop curves. So I wonder if you'd care to expand on
that comment--e.g. how do those techniques relate to squooshing the
shape of a curve in PS?

Cheers,

  -- Ross