[OM] Re: Totally OT question about a Nik*n camera, please forgive me

Subject: [OM] Re: Totally OT question about a Nik*n camera, please forgive me
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 15:13:14 -0700
on 4/17/04 10:19 AM, NSURIT@xxxxxxx at NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

> A friend has a Nikon FE which I am going to put on ebay for him.  The shutter
> won't release.  Other than wrapping it in industrial strength plastic,
> putting it in the trash and sending it to an industrial land fill, does anyone
> have
> any ideas about getting the shutter to fire.  Advice suggesting sledge hammers
> and chisels will be ignored.  The batteries are good.  Thanks, Bill Barber

Bill, I've got one sitting right here... shutter only releases on the M90
and B settings... otherwise, it starts to go, the mirror flips up, then it
stops. Research and the factory shop manual lead me to about 15 different
possibilities as to the cause... all of which involve popping the top off.
Maybe someday I'll try it, after all its not like its an OM where you don't
want to screw it up. I guess a sale 'as-is' for parts is probably the way
you'd have to sell it. For a Nikon, these could be a good camera if it
worked right... working examples seem to go for about what an OM-2 goes for.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...