[OM] Re: Authenticity

Subject: [OM] Re: Authenticity
From: "Graham Battison" <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 00:15:16 +0100
From: "Scott Gomez" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> What cracks me up is those still insisting it's faked after someone went
> to the trouble to email you and ask, and posted info from your reply.
> :-)
>
> I'm thinking that it's so rare that most people see a well-made
> photograph any more (what with cheap P&S cameras and badly handled
> digitals and all) that when a well-exposed, sharp shot comes along
> they're immediately suspicious.

------------
Scott,
This has happened to me before:
I buy a lens that I could offer no rational reason for buying.
I pay a sum of money for it that I cannot afford.
I have its' focal length range covered by other, faster lenses.

This has never happened to me before:
An on-line community that discuss possible fakes are certain that the result
is fake.
One goes so far as to say 'no sign is that clear'

Boy do I feel good! :-)

--Graham