[OM] Re: A few more pages from the journal - *** warning not for the zui

Subject: [OM] Re: A few more pages from the journal - *** warning not for the zuiko purist ***
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 12:40:33 +1000
G'day David,

> In my monitor i see the "chack, cabin, wooden construction"
> to have a  very nice tonality and contrast. So are the
> flowers on the top and the bottom part but right at the
> center tonality seems to fade or become washed and I was
> wondering if light struck the lens (flare) or it was the
> scanner's light to bright in the center.... Don't mean to be
> picky or critique. I love the picture a lot.

Yes I agree it certainly looks something like flare, but not typical
lens flare (if that makes any sense).  On the day Andrew F commented on
the flare even when not viewing through a camera lens.  It could have
been due to atmospheric conditions, maybe dust, as at that time we
hadn't had any rain for weeks.  I'll be interested to see Andrew's shots
from that location to see if they exhibit the same effect, he was using
zuikos.

...Wayne