[OM] Re: attn: Texans

Subject: [OM] Re: attn: Texans
From: Gary Edwards <zuikowarriors@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 04:21:12 -0700 (PDT)
Bill,

Photosphere has a small glass case of used OM and other Olympus gear.  I
haven't been there in a while, so I don't know how much he has now.  By the
way, in all the years I've stopped by there to have things fixed or look at the
case, I've never met Clint.  Never asked, though, since I'd hate to interrupt a
critical OM surgery.

Arlington Camera, not far off of I-30 in Arlington, used to have a fair
selection of used OM.  Lately, though, they've been eBaying their used film
gear and there isn't much there anymore.  Worth a visit to meet Chuck Semple,
who worked for Ponder & Best when they handled Olympus distribution in the US.

Wolf/Ritz has a regional outlet store on Harry Hines BV in Dallas.  You can
sometimes find interesting stuff there, including new old stock (OM-3Ti,
180/2.8, 90/2 once when I stopped in).  Lots of 50/1.8 and occasionally a
50/1.4.

Don's Used Cameras on Irving BV in the Photo District is worth a stop.  Lots of
old stuff there, and some Olympus.

Let me know when you're coming, I might get away and go look with you.

Gary Edwards

BllPear@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I anticipate a trip to Dallas in a few weeks. Are there any camera stores of
note there? I'm expecially interested in ones with large used departments. You
know, those old, outmoded cameras that use film?

Bill Pearce

.