[OM] Re: [Olympus Mount] OT: suspicious ebay auction...beware!

Subject: [OM] Re: [Olympus Mount] OT: suspicious ebay auction...beware!
From: "Tom Trottier" <tOM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 11:04:04 -0400
You may also want to forward it to other eFraud agencies who monitor
(and may even police) suspicious activities:
    "Fraud "<er-waoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
    "Fraud "<info@xxxxxxxxxxx>
    "Fraud "<wafl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    "Fraud "<polygon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
    "Fraud "<alphae@xxxxxxxx>
    "Fraud "<mediarelations@xxxxxxxxxxx>
    "Fraud "<scammed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    "Fraud "<419.fcd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

tOM

On Sunday, April 18, 2004 at 13:10,
jim_cosme <olympusmount@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi! I'm a newbie here, and I regret that this is the nature of my
> first post. However, I would like to raise a caution flag about this
> types of ebay auctions in the hope that other listmembers will not be
> victimized.  I wrote Paypal about this suspicious offer, even though
> I no longer saw the auction online when I checked this morning.
> Nevertheless, this is typical of the scams that are so prevalent on
> ebay, and unsuspecting buyers can easily fall prey to this racket:
>

> ERIK HAAVASSALU <dwrussell0726@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> From: "ERIK HAAVASSALU"
> To: jim_cosme@xxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: Question from eBay Member: Brand New Motorola I95cl ((
> Free for PayPal
> Users ))
> Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 07:22:37 +0000
>
> Hi
> Thank you for taking interest in our offer. Yes, you really may
> receive this phone free of charge. (If you are a verified PayPal
> user). First, you will need to render to us a small service. The
> situation is that many of our buyers want to pay via PayPal, and we
> regretfully may not accept it. The objectives: you receive payment
> from our buyers through PayPal, then send the payment to our
> office in Estonia through Western Union (money transfer expenses will
> be at our expense). As you can see, this task does not require any
> charges from you, only a little time. If our cooperation becomes long
> term, we may offer commission from each bargain.
>
> If you are interested in the descrpition - please write back we will
> inform you in detail.
>
> Thanks.
>
> To view the item, go to:
> >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3092308235

------- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur -------
   ,__@ tOM Trottier +1 613 231-6115
 _-\_<,         758 Albert St.,Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)                N45.412 W75.714