[OM] OM-2S problem

Subject: [OM] OM-2S problem
From: "Ali" <farali@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 18:00:12 -0400
Hi everyone. Just came back from a weekend trip to Cleveland (MY HOMETOWN).
I took a my "mainstay" bodies and lenses with me, including the OM-2S which
I had not used up until now. However, I became a bit dis-heartened when I
discovered that the built in meter wasnt functioning properly. I had loaded
up the camera with 100 speed film and went out Saturday morning...a bit of
an overcast morning but still very much bright and sunny. The OM-2S's meter
was way off in both auto and program...and when I switched to
"manual/spot"...all of the LED's lit up and didnt move when I changed
shutter or F stops. Guess I will have to send this one for a checkup as
well!!

I have decided to take out my OM-1N next time.

When I found the meter to be weak...I ventured into a local DODD Camera
store suspecting that batteries might be an issue. I found a couple of
"bargain bins" with all kinds of goodies. I came away with a couple of
Hexanon and Zuiko lenses @ $ 10.00 /ea. The 135mm F3.5 Zuiko lens that I
picked seems to be in excellent shape with original Olympus lens cap and the
"passed" sticker completely intact...like new!!! I also picked up a
'generic' MODEL OM-1 winder which works great....not a bad deal for $ 5.00.
Where can you go wrong!! I asked the sales clerk why the prices were so
good...he said that "no one wants Olympus stuff anymore"!! I was
like...gimme gimme!! 8-))

I am going back to Cleveland next weekend and hope to come away with more
bargains.

- Ali