[OM] repainting/repairing paint work on a om3 (black)

Subject: [OM] repainting/repairing paint work on a om3 (black)
From: jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 11:32:35 +0100 (BST)
My first post!
I have aquired a black om3 from my father that has had a LOT of use
(swaped it for a cannon T90 body and a Tamron 60-3000SP adaptal 2 zoom)...
The om3 works fine but there is a lot of paint wear and paint missing in
many places. Is it possible to repaint the effected areas without
repainting the entire thing using paints available in the uk and get a
reasonable finish matching the original paint? I don't want to sell it
(one of the conditions of the deal with my father) but I am worried what
people will think when I take photos using a camera that looks like it has
been through a war. Not to mention any effects of the enviroment on the
exposed metal surfaces.
Regards
James