[OM] Re: OT: Airline Travel Bags

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Airline Travel Bags
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 11:00:41 -0700

On Apr 20, 2004, at 10:25 AM, Gordon J. Ross wrote:

> Hi Winsor:
>
> As long as you don't trim your nails with it you'll be fine. By the
> way you
> know those seat belt cutters? The plastic encased blade with the
> safety slot
> that allows you to quickly sever a seat belt. Well I carry one of
> theme,
> they are OK- here's the tip though- if on a commandeered plkane a seat
> belt
> with the buckle on the end makes a formidable weapon, that is my ploy.
>
> Gord

The more I think about it, the probable reason it was missed is that I
usually empty my pockets into the outside pouch of my carryon before I
go through security. I hate the open dish they provide. With all the
stuff going on in my carryon they probably don't pay much attention to
the key ring. Plus the little knife has a metal liner which probably
looks more like a key fob on Xray. Probably will remove it now.

Your weapon is rather creative. Certainly people are considering that
it would be better to go down fighting than sitting passively and
abetting the next terrorist act.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA