[OM] Re: OT: Airline Travel Bags -- Thanks! plus Oz Kit

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Airline Travel Bags -- Thanks! plus Oz Kit
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:27:31 -0700
Thanks all, for your input. After realizing it would have to be a
backpack, because my wife will be carrying our son and I'll be carrying
everything else, I ended up ordering a LowePro CompuTrekker AW from B&H.

<http://lowepro.com/pages/series/trekking/computrekkeraw.htm>

Pretty much same idea as the MiniTrekker, plus a slot for a PowerBook
in the back. Should have enough room for my "purse" kinda stuff plus
the kit I'm taking...getting all in one bag as Thomas suggested. Main
idea is to photograph all the Aussie relatives, and my wife's childhood
stomping grounds, while still enjoying a vacation and not _only_ taking
photos. Here's the current thought on the kit btw....

- Ricoh GR-1v (28mm/2.8 fixed lens, awesome, tiny pocketable P&S)
- Leica MP, CV 21/4, Summicron 35/2
- OM-4Ti, 35-70/3.5-4.5, ~50mm pinhole body cap, 50/3.5 macro, 85/2,
180/2.8, RRS quick-release plate, F280.
- Sony TRV33 Mini-DV camcorder, RRS plate. associated cords, charger,
etc (gotta have it for the cousins, ages 3 mos-14 years)
- Stereo Realist (great to send a few 3D shots back to the kids along
with a viewer)
- Gitzo reporter series w/Giotto head (ok, I'm not sure if it's a
reporter series, but I bought it from a reporter...a smallish tripod)

Another option I'd like to get before we leave: 90mm/2.8 for the MP, in
which case I'd leave the 85/2 at home. This would make the MP the main
camera. I'd bring out the OM only for flash, macro, pinhole and long
tele. Maybe even leave the OM at home...(sacrilege!)

Geez, still seems like a lot.

Other options I'm leaving at home though:
Both Nikon SLRs and their lenses....
OM-1MD, Zuiko 40/2 pancake, 50/1.2, 75-150/4, 1.4X teleconverter
'50's Leitz Summicron 50/2 collapsible, '60's Elmar 50/2.8 collapsible
Leica Minilux Zoom
'50's Voigtlander Vitessa
XA
Stylus Epic