[OM] Re: Scan OM/film or get digital camera?

Subject: [OM] Re: Scan OM/film or get digital camera?
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 16:02:55 -0500
1. The follow on E-1 will likely be called the E-3, for some unknown reason,
likely to do with asian language issues.

2. Scanned film is every bit as good as a digital image, it's just that you
need to spot it in PS to remove the inevitable dust.  Colors can be corrected
equally well in either medium.

3. Scanning film is a hassle, there's no getting around that.  In the end, I
wish I had something that captured film and digital at the same time.  But the
lack of incremental cost for digital shooting is quite liberating.  Even after
shooting for 30 years, I still get a little concerned about taking too much
film, as I know it costs me to get it processed.

4. The advantages of digital editing, ease of distribution, and easy computer
monitor viewing almost offset the film advantage of the beauty of a projected
slide.  In the end, for my uses, I NEVER get the projector out, and my family
and friends aren't interested in looking at slides.  Prints, on the other hand,
are a hassle to get perfect from either medium.

Skip