[OM] Re: (OM) Tripod Stability

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) Tripod Stability
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 21:23:59 -0700

> .......I wonder if someone already tried
>filling an aluminium tripod with sand.......

Fernando, Generally I try to keep the sand _out_ of my tripod :>) For a
really dead stable tripod I don't think you can beat a surveyor's wooden
tripod. Mine was less than $100 and is built like a tank. Well... if
tanks were built out of wood. My Gitzo Studex seems flimsy by
comparison. i don't recommend hanging anything from a tripod to dampen
wind caused vibration. If the wind is strong at all it acts like a sail.
i think the hand on the camera works best.

Mike