[OM] Re: Totally OT _ Light meter manuals?

Subject: [OM] Re: Totally OT _ Light meter manuals?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 00:35:23 EDT
In a message dated 4/22/2004 5:31:52 PM Central Standard Time,
BllPear@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
First an answer, then some meter comments...

 The first one is for an Adorama analog
>spot meter.
This was also available under a different name, Soligor, I think. Don't
suppose that's much help.

The other is for a Minolta Flash Meter II.

Bill, Based on the photograph you sent me from a gift exchange, I'd say if I
could get anywhere near where you are on exposure, I'd be a fortunate man.
Your work is "right on" in many ways including exposure.

Both meters came to me as part of kits I bought.  The Adorama is pretty
straight forward and looks to work much the same as many others.  The flash
meter
is not quite as straight forward, but then I've been using a Wien 500 and they
don't get much simplier than that.  The interesting thing about the Adorama is
that it is still offered by Adorama and they don't have the instruction
manual available.  Go figure.  Craig Tanner, a very talented photographer and
instructor, uses the old Soligors and swears by them, or at least he did a
couple
of years ago when I had the pleasure of sitting in one of his classes.  I went
to Minolta's site and couldn't find the Flash Meter II instruction manual,
however I'll give it another go.  Thanks, Bill Barber