[OM] Re: studio lighting opinions wanted : flash meter and alien bees/w

Subject: [OM] Re: studio lighting opinions wanted : flash meter and alien bees/white lightning
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 08:33:00 -0700
Not sure what you mean by "great deal." The F goes for a bit less then $500
new, which ain't exactly cheap. A used one can be had for less than $250,
though.

Old "regular" Luna-Pros can be found anywhere for less than $100 and _that_
is an excellent deal in my mind. I used one of these for many years without
a hitch in the field; in studios  where you've all the time in the world
it's next to flawless--of course the new digital gear is "more accurate"
and looks flashy and all that, but it comes awful pricey . . . and no one
makes his living on the difference.

You might want to visit this site for studio lighting ideas:
http://tinyurl.com/2ln9e

Tris